Telephone Number Infomation

0333 is not a premium number. Calls to 03 numbers are charged at the same price as 01 and 02, and will be included in any free minutes provided by your landline or mobile phone provider.

Pass N Go
Provisional Licence FAQs

Q. When Can I Apply for my Provisional driving licence?
A. You can apply for your Licence up to 3 Months before you turn 17

Q. How much is a Provisional Driving Licence?
A. The cost of a Provisional Driving Licence is £34.00 if applied for online, or £43.00 if applied for by post.

Q. How do I apply for my Provisional Driving Licence?
A. You can apply online here or you can visit your local post office to pick one up for free.

Q. Can I take lessons before my licence arrives?
A. You are not permitted to drive at all until your licence arrives.

Q. How long is a provisional licence valid for?
A. Driving entitlement for holders of both old style paper licences and newer photocard licences is to age 70.

Q. I come from overseas, do I need to apply for a provisional licence?
A. If you are the holder of an ordinary driving licence (car, moped, motorcycle entitlement) and provided your licence remains valid, you can drive any category of small vehicle shown on your licence for up to 12 months from the time you became resident. More information can be found here.

Q. Do I need a Provisional Licence to sit my theory & Practical test?
A. Yes, you will be required to present this when taking your test.

Q. Can I accumulate points on my provisional licence?
A. You can accumulate points on your Provisional licence, if you have more than 6 points on your provisional licence, then your licence will be revoked under the new driver act!

Q. What do I do if I lose my provisional licence?
A. You will need to apply to the DVLA for a replacement document. If you had one of the newer digital photocard licenses, you don't need to include any passport photos, the required application forms are available at most UK post offices. More information can be found here.

Q. What do I do if I need to change details on my provisional licence?
A. You need to inform the DVLA immediately. You can do this online or via post, more information can be found here.

If you have a question that isn't listed here please feel free to email us at and we'll be happy to help.

Request a Call Back



Text 'Call Me' to 07769 181 101
Or call 0333 207 0663

We would love to hear your feedback on your experience with our Instructors or Staff.


Credit Cards
Pay Pal

Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency - DVSA (formerly DSA) Registered Instructors


Ordit Registered


Pass Plus Approved

Pass Plus

Live Help